If you're a dentist, you already know that you need a Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetic, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) bond. However, you may not know the following:
- The bond must be for at least $50,000.
- It must be a U.S. Department of Treasury Authorized Surety
- Must be acquired within sixty days of getting notice about bond.
- Bond rule applies to everyone, even non-participating Medicare providers.
- Failure to comply and obtain the bond within the sixty day period will lead to a deactivation of your Medicare Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN).